I was lucky enough to go to a baby shower tonight, so I spent the morning making my gifts for her. I made her a nursing cover. Another friend of mine gave me one that she spent a lot of money on and it's been so awesome that I made one. I also made burp cloths to match. It didn't take a lot of time, but it took a little bit. I was excited enough that I took pictures!
This is the original that was given to me as a gift from Alyssa (I love it!)
This is the one that I made, I used a seersucker fabric with cherries on it and a pink binding. I think I did pretty good, looks hard doesn't it? :) Yeah right...
These are the burp cloths that I made to match. I used the same pink binding on one of the ones with the cherry fabric, but I ran out of it and used some red that my Mom left on the other- the red actually looks better, but too late, I made the nursing cover first. The others were made using fabric left over from an outfit I made for my sister-in-law, Jennifer. I wish I had thought of it for her - hmmm, I think I have enough left...
This is just Bing taking up two couch cushions - they will actually come and stare at us if we are sitting on the ends of the couch(or if there is a cushion or something in the way), they view the arm rests as their territory. Spoiled dogs.
And here is a rare moment. Peacefully asleep, chunky cheeks and all...


4 comments:
As I was looking at your pics it suddenly hit me...you have a baby and that is so awsome! Sometimes it is still hard for me to believe...I miss you guys! She is growing too fast!
Holy cow you did an awesome job on the sewing. You are really good at it. I have yet to go back to sewing ever since I messed up a dress I was making for Gabby. Silly, huh! Galina looks so adorable and chubby! I love the cheeks all squished! =0) Love ya!
Cute cheeks, clothes and nursing cover. Good job.
Katie you're really good at sewing!! Keep it up, it will come in handy later!! Galina is so cute! I love the way babies look when they are sleeping! So peaceful!
Post a Comment