Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, March 20, 2009

I Enjoy Being A Girl


I finally made curtains for Galina's room. I had plain red curtains up with a red and white gingham valance, but it made the room look like "the devils room" as Brian put it. So, I wanted something light-hearted and I found it. This collection is called Darla and it was designed by Tanya Whelan for Grand Revival. I love it. Can't wait to get some more of it to make a quilt (okay, attempt to make a quilt, which will probably never happen...anyone feeling generous?) for Galina's bed one of these days.

3 comments:

Em said...

Your new picture and the curtains are absolutely gorgeous!! I love the how you have your ballet slippers with Galina. That is a priceless picture, especially with the little look she is giving!!! She is so beautiful!! The curtains look like you bought them, they look awesome. You are so good at that stuff. I bought patterns to do stuff for all of the living room, and still have never done anything. =0)

Shauna said...

So cute...I'm impressed! LOVE that header picture of Galina. She's beautiful!

Mitch and Shannon said...

I absolutely love the curtains you made!! I wish I was as talented as you! Maybe I'll pick up sewing in Germany! Mocha is doing great in Florida, she went swimming! Plus, she has other dogs to play with! And, we will not be getting another dog. I promise you this. When we get back to the states, we may think about it...but we are in mourning right now over not having Mocha! I love Galina's picture in your header! She's beautiful!!