Maunawili Falls Trail

Thanks to Angie and Jim Bledsoe for giving us the awesome pack! Galina loved it. At one point, Brian stopped too long, and she grabbed a vine hanging beside her. She loved being able to look down at everything and did great the entire two hours. We didn't make it all the way to the falls - but we made it 98% of the way there. It just got too slippery, and too crowded. But it was a fun afternoon - after conference.

I love it when people see me taking a picture of Brian and Galina, and then they offer to take one of all of us...even if I don't like being in the picture - at least Galina will know I was there! I returned the favor too, took a picture of two
very German young men with a very American girl. I don't ask questions.

Bing and George love hiking with Brian. They've done this trail probably ten times more than I have. I think the last time I went, I was 7 months pregnant. But the boys love it because we don't put them on their leashes (shhh....) and they can just wander and sniff. They're always walking incredibly close to people. In fact, a few times I had to call them back to us because they'd have joined the people ahead of us. They're very good natured and love to meet other dogs too! The last stream we had to cross, we ran into a family crossing and Bing and George just plunge ahead, in everyone's way - but the man felt like he needed to help the boys get across the stream. It was so cute! George was very patient with this man - especially since the guy grabbed his collar to slow him down (I don't know what the guy was thinking, we'd already crossed like 6 times, not to mention how often they do this hike.) before he went plunging into the water. But they are always very tired afterwards as well, and they have to sit in the trunk - poor babies.
I had a picture of Galina in her pack once we got to the jeep. She fell asleep in the last two minutes of walking but woke right up when we got into the truck. She's a trooper. But the picture didn't format itself properly, so it's a no go. So sad, she was so cute drooped over.
I, on the other hand, am not. I got something today - run down, flu, I don't know - something. The body aches have been the worst of it, and a sore throat. I'm grateful that we don't have to leave the house tomorrow! Hopefully I'll kick it soon and be back to 100%. In the meantime, Mr. Mom has stepped in :)
I'm painfully awaiting summertime company!!
2 comments:
I love the pack. I've looked into buying one but they are so darn expensive. =0) You guys look so cute too, and Galina is definitely going to love seeing you in that picture. =0) Ya gotta love your dogs. They are just so awesome!!! I wish dad would just stay the whole month. At least he is coming I guess!! love you!!
I was going to ask how slippery it was...that's impressive to go at it with a pack on the back!
Post a Comment