Mom and I have been busy sewing! Mom bought a pack of quilting squares from the Aloha Swap Meet, so we put them together. Here they are laid out in the pattern we wanted:

And below is the finished project. I have to say that I helped and Mom made the quilt. We had such a hard time trying to figure out how to actually quilt it that we just tied it with white yarn. Maybe one of these days I'll pay someone to actually quilt it for me. Until then, Galina can enjoy!
And now for the bike...

This is the first time we put the helmet on her. She kept trying to look up (or should I say up and over) to see it. She doesn't have any problem keeping it on though - thank goodness.

Bing, of course, needed a close-up.

She LOVED it - she sang the whole time I was riding with her. So cute!

George needed to let us know that he was ready if we needed him. I wish my handle bars would come up a bit, but they don't on this bike. Weird. The only problem I have with it is that I feel like I'm knocking her helmet forward the entire time and I'm wondering if she can still see.
It's a really neat seat called Wee Ride (I'm sure they have a website) and I liked it better than the ones that go behind you - I think she does too. Actually, in this picture, she's doing her "all done" sign language. She knows it the best and it gets used all of the time, promptly followed by a "Yay!" - which is clapping. So sweet, so sweet.
4 comments:
Love the quilt! I made the shopping cart cover and forgot to "quilt" or tie down in places and after the first wash I had to pull out the balled up bunches of batting. I've never seen a bike seat like that before, really cool and Galina will get to see more than your back :)!!
The blanket looks awesome! I love love love the bicycle seat for Galina. That is the coolest thing and she looks so adorable riding with you. Have you made it out on a trip yet with her. Brian looks good and it is good to see him in pictures again! =0) Miss you guys so much. How cool that Galina knows the sign for all done! Does she do the right one or Gabby's "version" of it?? =0) Keep the pictures coming!!! love ya!!
Galina looks so cute on the bike!! I really like the quilt you and your mom made....it looks very comfy!! I can't believe how big Galina is getting. Have you guys rode with her on your bike yet?
I love the blanket. It will be a priceless memory of Hawaii for years to come I would think.
All done and thank you are the only signs that Seth still uses. I love baby sign language!
Post a Comment