Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Galina's Weekend

What a weekend!


Sunday morning we woke up to a very red Galina. She had these welt/hives all over her. We called a doc and got a dosage for Benadryl. Everything else was normal, breathing, eating, sleeping, peeing - everything. So, Sunday was a stay-at-home day and Sunday night was rough. Monday morning we woke up to a Galina with swollen lips and more, MANY MORE, of the hives all over her. We went to the ER, she got a shot of epinefrin, got some Prelone and more Benadryl. She's much better today - spots are fading! We have absolutely no idea of what caused the hives, which is scary because we don't know what to avoid in future. We're just hopeful it doesn't happen again!

5 comments:

Mitch and Shannon said...

Looks like a form of Roseola, is she teething? Has she had a fever?? Wow, that's scary...have you changed fabric cleaners,like detergents or softners? I'm glad she's getting better! I love your dress!!

Jennifer said...

Those welts look scary, good to know that she is no worse for wear. Czarina did that once with absolutely no reason-the rash started on her legs and traveled up her body and disappeared with no side effects or recurrence. I like the style of the dress, very flattering on you.

Me and Nick said...

Well, the welts are crazy! Glad they are going away and she didn't have any other problems! I like the dress, it's definitely vintage! It made me think of Liesl from the Sound of Music, don't know why!

Kerriann, John and the Girls said...

Ok, first I love the dress I agree with Molly it looks like something form the sound of Music because of the way your holding it. I'm so glad Galina is feeling better poor baby...And Julia was a cat for Halloween you had asked in a post on my blog love ya miss ya

Em said...

Love, love the dress!! I think it looks very cute and I can't wait to see it with crinoline under it. So sorry about little Galina. Those hives look horrible. Poor Baby! So glad she is doing better!! =0)