Brian and I were fortunate enough to spend Thanksgiving with his family this year. It's been awhile since we've all been (shamefully overdue) and Brian took two whole weeks off - so we went. We had a blast!
We started our trip in Texas with a stop at a Czech bakery so Brian could have Kolaches (very yummy) and on day two we took a visit to the Mayborn Museum on the campus of Baylor University. They had this really neat water room where we all took turns standing inside a bubble, or blowing huge bubbles from a window of bubbles - it was a lot of fun!
The museum had tons of different rooms, each with a different theme - and all interactive for kids. The huge piano was fun. Galina got to work at a type writer too. She and Gaga (Brian's Mom) played peek-a-boo. Pa-Paw drove her around a little kid sized town. Galina drove a bus (a little wrecklessly if you ask me...) and she ground corn into flour.
Galina has a cousin, Olivia, who is only two weeks younger than she. They spent the first day just kind of sizing each other up - but it didn't take long for them to find each other in a room. Even if it was just to stand next to one another. Olivia is a sweet girl, willing to share, smile, play and give hugs...I can't say the same for Galina, but maybe next year... Brian and Uncle Aaron got to spend a lot of time with their girls too :) They gave Jennifer and I a chance to visit the Bernina sewing store with Gaga - where we got lessons in anticipation of our Christmas gifts, can't wait!!
Brian and I did a lot of purchasing while in TX and my two favorite things that we bought (Galina's too) were a pair of red boots and a red felt hat. She's so darn cute! As soon as she woke up the morning after we bought them, she wanted it all on. She let Gaga and Pa-Paw wear her hat for a minute too! In the airport, getting ready to come home, she had the hat on and the security lady wanted to look under it. When I picked it up off of Galina's head - she started crying!
These are my random pictures. We went to the Cameron Park Zoo in Waco - fun! Made a trip to the Dr. Pepper Museum. It snowed! Of course, Galina napped through the entire hour that it flurried. The kids all played out back at Gaga and Pa-Paw's. Galina got to meet: Jackson, Georgia, Madelyn, Christian, Czarina, Isabella, and Olivia. The only cousin's she hasn't met are Sophie and Gunner - we missed ya'll!
On our last day in TX, we went to the actual Cameron Park to take in some of the views. Brian loves TX because of these views. We got to see Pa-Paw's plane and couldn't get Galina out of the cock-pit. There may be something in her blood, Pa-Paw! Next year we'll plan on flying with you! Galina too!
We visited the suspension bridge in downtown Waco, and while we spent most evenings at Grandma Baldwin's house - I only took one picture. After a dinner of Long John Silver's (at Brian's request) we took a few pictures. We loved spending time at Grandma Baldwin's and Galina knew right where the coloring books and crayons were from the first day we were there. The pictures beneath the coffee table were at her house too, and I'm told that ALL of the grandkids have done exactly as Olivia and Galina did :) How cool!
Amazingly enough on both flights to and from TX - we were able to have three seats! It was SUCH a blessing!!! On the flight over Galina actually slept about 4 hours - that is amazing! She was able to stretch out between us and just sleep. On the flight home - we were in the bulkhead area, but with three seats, and while she wasn't able to stretch out (the arm rests didn't move because the tray tables were in them) she did get to take a bit of a nap in the middle and finally fell asleep (for what would have been the night) right before we landed. She actually sat in her own seat, with a seatbelt and everything during take off. She's quite the little traveller. Our next trip will be to WA to see Molly after her little one comes. But Brian won't be with us...bummer.
We had a great trip in TX and I didn't take as many pictures as I should have. We got to spend time with Nicole and Tarra (Brian's sisters) and with Aunt Lori, Uncle Alan and Cara. Loved seeing you all! It was a wonderful trip and we're looking forward to seeing everyone again!








3 comments:
Olivia was jumping out of my arms saying "Ga" everytime I enlarged a picture of Galina. Thank you for your very sweet words about Olivia(even though she still won't sleep through the night in her own bed!)
You guys did a ton of stuff!!! That is awesome!! I love Galina covering her eyes in the first collage. She is so stinkin' cute!!! What a blessing to have the three seats. =0)
Katie, I'm so happy you guys got to be in Tx when it snowed!! That's awesome! I love all the pics. I love Galina typing away. She may be a journalist one day!!! You and Brian look so great together!!! I can't wait until Molly and Nick welcome their little one!!
Post a Comment