Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, February 15, 2010

I'm Just That Way


I can't help it. I always have been. Every year I look forward to this little box of chocolate from my Dad. Biting each piece started as a way to avoid the fruit ones and get right to the chocolate or caramel, but I find that as I've gotten older, I enjoy the fruit centers more. Thanks Dad - I enjoyed my box...and Brian's too. P.S. Don't tell anyone, but Galina helped too!

In other events, we spent President's Day on a hike. We were looking for the waterfall, but found the views first. Then, we found someone willing to tell us how to get to the waterfall. Then, we enjoyed the waterfall. It was a nice hike off of the Ko'olau Golf Course in Kaneohe. Thanks Ann - even though you didn't know that I got the idea from you. You do now.


Bing and George are such good dogs. I don't give them enough credit. Other than having to walk them three times a day, they are pretty much perfect. They listen. They're nice to other dogs, they're nice to people - well, Bing always barks first and then continues to "talk" to people until he's comfortable with them (if they come to our house - in public he could care less). But I can handle that. They don't jump, they don't lick. They're just good dogs. On these hikes, we let them off of their leashes - if it seems like there aren't too many people out - but on today's hike, we passed A LOT of people and A LOT of other dogs that were all off-leash. So B & G stayed off of their leashes, met all of the other dogs with cordiality, and even got to chase a few chickens to boot. They're good boys, I'm grateful for them.

2 comments:

Em said...

We are definitely all related! I'm the exact same way with the wonderful little boxes of chocolate from Dad. Except I still do not like the fruit flavored. haha!! I love the pictures from your hike. The dogs look so "comfortable" in the last picture!! Wish we lived in Paradise sometimes!! =0)

Shauna said...

I love that chocolate tradition your dad has! That top picture of you & Galina is awesome. You look so pretty!