Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Good Morning Sunshine

I was rudely awakened, not once, but FIVE times last night. Nope, not a vomiting baby either.

The first time: Cops. Apparently they found "suspicious substances" behind the rec path, behind the fence, behind our yard. It was only 10:30 p.m. but we had been asleep since 9 p.m. They wanted Brian to come out, by himself, and close the door "leaving the dog inside." Then they asked him if we had lot's of parties here. Ha! Can't even remember my neighbors first name! Whatever.

Second time: 2:30 a.m. George. Upset stomach. Two nights in a row. Bing happily joins in his pacing and whining though. And they always try Brian first, but he just rolls over and ignores them. Apparently he doesn't realize how much fun the clean-up would be if we ignored him too long.

Third time: 3:30 a.m. Galina. Just ready to wake up for the day. Got her back to bed with a glass of water. I love it. She stands next to the edge of the crib, grabbing you and trying to climb out. Then she realizes that I'm not going to pick her up. So she stands there in a half-hug and says, "All done." If you tell her that it's time for bed, she starts sobbing and saying, "Noooo. All done." So I asked her if she wanted a drink of water. This got an immediate "No." Then two seconds later, "Water." I said, "I'll be right back." So she sinks down onto the mattress and I go get water, come back, she barely lifts her head to take a sip, and goes back to sleep.

Fourth time: 4:30 a.m. Galina, again ready to wake up for the day. Sank back onto the bed when I exasperatedly said, "It's 4:30 a.m. baby!" I think the sickness must be done and she just had some extra energy. She was really tired over the past two days. Poor girl.

Number five: 6:20 a.m. George. Upset tummy. Again. I went ahead and stayed up after this.

And unfortunately, this list only includes the times I actually got out of bed. Not Brian's walking in and out around 5 and 6 to get ready to work out and go to work. Doesn't include my phone before I put my phone on silent. Or not being able to fall back to sleep when the cops were done because they had cop cars basically in our backyard and headlights on, illuminating our bedroom. I wish they had come inside, they'd have laughed and walked away without asking us any questions. And boy are they lucky I wasn't dressed, asking me to close the door - no sir. I'd have been outside too. AND they're lucky they didn't wake Galina up, banging on the door and ringing the doorbell. Whew...I'm done.

1 comment:

Me and Nick said...

wow! sorry about all that! how irritating!