Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, July 19, 2010

A little like Popeye



She's too much. Made her the apron out of the cupcake material, but had enough left to "free-hand" a dress for her. Got the straps too long. Oh well...got to use my serger!!

Hate pictures of me right now. Oh well - that's not me asking for compliments either. The dress! Molly and I found this at my local Salvation Army (which I'm going to miss dreadfully) and re-fashioned it. Chopped it, added the trim to the lining underneath, and added the "shirt" at the neck with matching trim. I'm thinking this was used in a play because it has 'Ann' written on the inside of the neck. Funny. New shoes. Cute. Sidenote - couldn't breath. Dress too tight and no way to let it out. Had to suffer through 4 hours. It's all for fashion.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love both of your dresses! I want to make one for myself and the girls using an actual pattern but sleep in more interesting right now.

kokanuts said...

You're both beautiful. Love the lookalikes...Grandpa Kokinda and Galina :) Good job on the sewing!

Em said...

Ha ha!!! Galina looks a lot like Grandpa!!! I love love love the dresses!! You are so stinkin' talented Katie! It's amazing!!! Plus, you are standing all wrong, not a good pose! How's that for not complimenting??!! Ha ha!! You're gorgeous!!!