
We spent our Saturday morning, and afternoon, hiking up one side of the Ko'olau Mountains.
I've always been enamored of a path into the woods, give me an old cobblestone path or a set of stone stairs and I'm a goner...

Galina was excited to wear her tennis shoes. She calls them that too - so funny! It was two miles to the summit. Guess who didn't want to be carried at all?

The view of the ocean (looking out over Hawaii Kai) when we started the hike.

She wasn't too thrilled to be picked up, and was even less thrilled when a branch smacked her in the face. That ended the shoulder ride. Don't ask her if she wants to ride on your shoulders now...
Almost to the half-way point and a very unprepared Mommy and Daddy chose to sit for a bit in a windy, pine-needle strewn spot. We only had one sippee cup of water between the five of us.
But we had raisins, and fruit snacks, and crackers!
Brian, taking pictures of his tomahawk.
Almost to the top.
Almost there...
And that's as far as Galina and I made it. We were done, SO done.
Well, I was. I thought Galina was too, but the whole way back down, with just me and the dogs, she was jumping and running. My legs were buckling, she was looking for tree roots to jump off of, and thought it was funny to run and slip on the carpet of pine needles. Little turkey.
Brian went to the tip-top.
That's the base in the distance.
On top of it all. He loved it. Not only did he climb another mile, but he also ran back down to me, Galina and the dogs. Caught us just beyond the halfway point.
Show off.
We had a nice Saturday morning. Ate Burger King on the way home. Everyone napped when we got home, then we stayed home for the rest of the day. Galina was so worn out that she didn't wake up Sunday morning until almost 8:30 a.m. Too bad it wasn't a day we could all have slept in, but that's okay. I love waking up at 7 a.m.


6 comments:
Made my knee hurt:) and very glad that there aren't places around here to go hiking or Aaron would drag me out every chance he got.
And all this from a woman who hated Young Women's Camp!!! Is it the Ka'aleopoku Trail? Trying to pinpoint it on my map from the pictures...tricky! You all look great. Go Brian for making it to the top. Galina will be able to get there before long and then all three of you will be on top of the world :)
Dummy me...you wrote the name of the trail on top!!! In my defense, it isn't spelled the same on my map, but I see it now. Beautiful. Love you all...
Wow! Beautiful! Your number 2 reason for missing Hawaii: glorious hikes and hiking weather!
I definitely would have to agree with Molly: the number 2 reason for missing Hawaii!! What a awesome hike!! I hope if you guys have to leave HI, you go somewhere with so many things to do and so many awesome things to see! =0)
Beautiful photos! I don't think G can get much cuter!
Post a Comment