Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, October 2, 2010

Pali Golf Course Hike


We went on a hike, in order to get out of the house. The trail was very muddy. The waterfall was a little anti-climactic. We thought that since it had rained so much the past few days it would be gushing - but we neglected to remember that it hadn't rained at all for some time before, so it was probably dry a few days ago...

This is what happens when I forget to slow my shutter speed back down.
Too bad too, because Galina had on some hot brown leggings with her socks pulled up over them and her hair was beyond curly.

This is why my shutter speed was so high though. Pretty neat to make the water look a little smoky.

I have two rules in hiking:
1. Walk fast. Especially through parts where the leaves have to touch you.
2. Keep your head down. It's essential that I do not know what sort of living creatures are surrounding me, and that I do not fall.

However, keeping my head down today worked to our advantage. I spotted this little chameleon walking across the path. He was about 4 inches long. Luckily, Brian, Bing and George had all stepped over him. We see these guys in the mall pet store all of the time, but haven't ever seen one in the wild. In it's own habitat. Sorry, I think it's cool. Once again, my shutter speed was too high - so my picture is a bit dark. Bummer. But neat that we got to see him.

2 comments:

Em said...

Was that tiny stream in the first picture, really the waterfall? That is very "anti-climatic"! Ha ha!! You can kind of see Galina in the picture! She looks so cute! =0)

Me and Nick said...

Too cool that you know how to make the water look like that! That photography class is teaching you some neat things! I love the pics!