Last night we spent several (and by several I mean 5) hours at the Pearlridge Mall. Before we knew we were going to spend such an extended amount of time there, we let Galina ride on the Christmas train! Neither of us thought she would do it by herself - but she did and I think even enjoyed herself, though she never cracked a smile.

She did eventually start playing around in her seat, but didn't try to stand up or take the seatbelt off. She didn't start crying and make them stop the ride early either (my second fear). Brian and I can't believe that she's so grown. And, yes, I know this was just a little train in a mall, but she did it by herself. It scares and saddens me...

iphone = blurry pictures of the moving train

This was before the ride started - when Brian and I were standing at the little fence staring at her non-stop to make sure nothing happened. We can't help it.
We went to Brian's work Christmas party this past Thursday. We went last year but, well, this year was more fun because of:

Cotton candy!

Cotton candy and cold, wet SNOW (that's her snowball on the ground...she learned to throw them pretty quick.)!

Elmo balloons and cookies!

Climbing on the snow! She even loved it when the snowball fight happening around her landed on her!
Kids thoroughly change these functions for us. Before Galina we'd go, stare at each other, and leave. Now it's fun! And the party wasn't a letdown - the food was, but who wants to eat dinner at 3:30 p.m. when we went? Galina said at one point that she wanted to see Santa Claus but we didn't want to stand in line. I asked her today if she'd let Santa hold her and she promptly said, "No Nanks." I'm not okay with her sitting on some strangers lap anyways...


2 comments:
So fun! I love the train...makes me think of Gabby and the roller coasters! Love the work party! They make those functions more for kids anyways :)
Ha ha!! I would've stalked the train, so you probably did pretty good at least staying in the same place!!! Ha ha!! It is crazy how kids change things up for you, especially when they are mobile!! =0)
Post a Comment