Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Early one morning...

just as the sun was rising...what movie is that song from?
Okay, so, sorry phone pictures below...I just haven't been willing to lug my nice camera to the beach because then I have to spend a lot of time cleaning it.
We spent this past Saturday morning (well, from 7:30 a.m. to about 9:30 a.m.) at the beach down the road from our house. It's nice to get there early, especially with the dogs because they can't be a bother to any other bothersome people when there aren't any other people there! Galina is burying Bing. He tolerates her. It's nice to have one dog that tolerates your kids. George is a little bit uppity. Well, I'll just say it - he's a punk and this pregnancy has been really rough on the boys because I have absolutely NO patience with them. At all. They're almost 7 and they still follow me to the bathroom. Seriously? I'm not going anywhere.

Front legs completely covered! But then he sees a bird...

Oh well, nevermind - keep going kid. Of course he'd pull his legs out every time she got them covered. I think it was cooling him off actually - all of the wet sand.

Last week or the week before, I can't remember, I took pictures for a friend at Lanikai beach - it's a nice beach. It was fun. I had Galina in tow - poor girl. It wasn't too bad of a deal for her though, she sat on the beach with a bowl of hot tamale jellybeans. In fact, I'd say she got the better end of the deal because I was having to squat, kneel, sit and get up in the sand, at 8 mo. pregnant.

But this was how that photo shoot ended. Have you ever considered just laying down in the sand? I don't think I could do it. But she has absolutely no problems with it. At all. This sand wasn't so bad, it's nice and white and powdery, but the sand in the top pictures, at the beach by our house, it's greenish and brownish and big course grains and absolutely sticks to everything. Doesn't slow her down a bit - down she'll drop and even roll in it. Of course Brian wants to say, "Get up!" But I can't do it. I want her to enjoy the beach and the sand and the sun - which she does. This girl is a natural, born beach-bum. I have a feeling Galina is going to go to BYU-Hawaii someday. At any rate, when we go to the beach by the house, she comes home green from head to foot - and loves it.

2 comments:

Em said...

That is awesome!! I can't even get Zaidy to lay down for a minute before she is up trying to run away. Ha ha!! I love that Galina is a such a beach lover. I hope she can help Gabby learn to love it one day!!! =0)

kokanuts said...

The movie is Pollyanna :) Love the pics! She is a beautiful child and I love that she loves the beach too...maybe she IS blood-related to Aunt Karen...