Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mothers

I'm glad to be a Mom. Some days more than others, but for the most part, I'm glad to be a Mom. My little tyrant makes this house a home. I'm grateful every time she says something funny, every time she says a blessing, every time she asks to go to the Temple (which is every Saturday since we went to the dedication) and every time she says, "I need you, Mommy."


I'm grateful for my Grandmothers. Grateful that they gave me my parents and that they taught them to value family too.

I'm grateful for Gaga - I wouldn't have Brian without her and I wouldn't have a really awesome pie crust recipe without her, not sure which I value more. Just kidding! Who doesn't love a good pie crust?

And, of course, I'm grateful for my Mom. She's a good woman. I've never met a single soul that didn't like, nay LOVE, my Mom. Even people that don't really know her. She's got five kids that all think the world of her. It's a wonderful thing to have a good Mom, and even better to have a good Mom that's also a best friend. She also gave me my other best friends - my siblings. How can you beat that? Every time I hear that old song, "We are family..." and then it says, "People around us say, "Can they be that close?" I can't help but think of my own. We ARE that close. It's pretty awesome. And it's all pretty much because of my parents. So, for today, I'm going to say, "Thanks Mom for keeping us all together. Love you!" Now, the seemingly insurmountable task of duplicating her hard work in my own home...

2 comments:

Shauna said...

love this post...relate so much to it!

Em said...

I'm right there with you Kate!!! How in the world do we do things like Mom??!! Love and miss you and I absolutely love this post!!! Mom is the best and you are truly a wonderful and strong Mom too!!! I love your example!!!!! =0)