Brian and I went jogging at the track on base the other morning. It was cold - not freezing, but definitely cold. The kids were bundled into the stroller with hats, gloves, blankets and then the rain cover on top of that, to keep the wind off. I made it two miles and then stopped to let the kids play on the playground. Brian did five. In fact, he's been doing five miles a day for a few weeks now. Crazy man.
These two are such a mess! I love them to pieces. I hope that they will be good friends, close friends. You can see that Johnny wanted to leave though. See that little pointer finger? He's telling me he's done. Galina, always my good girl!
Hanging out upside down :) this is such a familiar position for her...she just has SO much energy!
This black area was Galina's "dance floor" - she's always excited to dance!
And this is what happens when you try to take a Sunday afternoon nap when Galina wants you to play...
We had four or five snowflakes one morning so we bundled up and went out to enjoy it...
...well, some of us ventured out.
Bing and George got new toys the other day. It's shameful how long they've gone without a new toy. They instantly turned into puppies and began playing. George began shredding his toy, but Bing will play with his. Babies...
And, we'll end with a few smiles - these two are so fun. Galina loves to talk, she's so smart and SO sweet. She always wants to make the right choice, sometimes she's a little reluctant to admit what the right choice is, but she seems to always be aware of what she is doing and how it will affect herself and those around her. She has a memory like I've never seen. It's so wonderful to watch her learn and to be a big part of it with her. She has an unfathomable amount of love for her Daddy. Bing and George are not big dogs to her (whereas Johnny is still a little wary of their size sometimes). She thinks of them as her little dolls, sometimes her little students, patients, friends - they fill quite a gap for her, in terms of friendship, and I predict that she will always have a deep love of animals.
Johnny is trying to navigate talking. He wants to talk, but I think he thinks too fast for it. He also resists any attempts we make at getting him to say words. He'll just say a mumble of sounds or stick out his tongue. But some days he's game and when he says them, most of them sound just right. One of these days he'll talk. Maybe Galina just talks too much for him :) He's got a lot of spunk in him, but just as much love. If he gets excited and hits something, or you, he'll instantly stop and give it a kiss or a pat with his little hand. I love baby hands and feet. They change so much, but are so chubby and just adorable to me. Love them. Johnny would rather be naked than clothed any day. Is this a boy thing? He's so enraptured with his ability to take off his clothes, and sometimes put them back on that there is little we can do to stop him. Luckily, he is not unwilling to get dressed again once he's undressed himself. He's a champ at Church and his nursery leaders love him. He participates in everything: singing, playing, clean-up. He loves all of it. I could go on and on, and really need to do this daily so that I can keep a better picture of them going.
Finally, we're coming up on our move. We've put the cart before the horse a bit though because we're planning on moving on December 18th (have given our 30 days notice, scheduled moving trucks, etc.) but we have yet to receive Brian's orders. I will never know what the hold up is, I don't know if Brian does. At any rate, we're moving, whether the military pays for it or not...although I'm really, really hoping they pay for it...











No comments:
Post a Comment