
Well, looks like we're going to have one thing in common this Saturday! Deal or No Deal is coming to Honolulu and Greensboro! So what will we have in common? The fact that we are all too lazy (or smart...?) to venture out to a mall at midnight on Friday to get in line for auditions that don't start until 10 a.m. on Saturday...Of course, maybe Brian and I will since we just spent our $ on furniture for the baby's room!
By the way - we have picked out her name - and it doesn't matter if you like it or not because we love it, so you might as well love it too -
Galina Hippolyta Baldwin
Brian and I actually took ballet classes (of course, Brian only came a couple of times, but she loved him...) with famous prima ballerina Galina Panova. I absolutely love her. So what better name?
Hippolyta is a name from Greek mythology that Shakespeare used in 'A Midsummer Night's Dream'. We both love the way it sounds (of course maybe we just both love how beautiful Sophia Marceau is in the '99 film version of the play...) and since it is from literature and I am an English major - how perfect...
Hopefully one day our daughter will love the names as much as we do!


1 comment:
Congrats on deciding on a name! I'm probably the least educated person that reads your blog so I'm guessing you pronounce Galina.... gah-leen-ah? Is that right? Pretty!
Post a Comment