Very good family and friends made it out for the shower: Tina and John Carpenter, Mike and Kim Carpenter + Callie, Ethan and Brody, Lois Matheny, Lynnette Vance and her new daughter-in-law Katrina, of course all of the girls were there and the kids, and Aunt Karen made it right at the end.
It was great to see everyone and Molly had games planned that Brian and I got to take part in too, even from Hawaii. They played 'poopy diapers' with candy bars melted in their diapers - we got one right - Kit Kat. They played 'how big is the belly?' where everyone took a piece of paper that they thought was as long as my belly is round. Kerriann won, with 43 1/4 in. My belly is 44 1/2 in. Then there was a game that listed physical things like ears, smile, nose, legs, hair, and things like sense of humor, intelligence, etc. There were two columns beside each trait or attribute, one for Mommy and one for Daddy. Brian and I filled out our card and then the guests tried to guess which parent we wanted the child to take after for each attribute. Tina Carpenter won, there were 8 categories and she got 7 right. Everyone missed the nose because Brian and I selected both of us. The child needs a mix or she's in trouble :) The games were fun. Brian is such a good guy - he sat right beside me through the whole shower and played the games.
Brian also got a cake to cut while they cut the one that Kerriann got. It was a mint chocolate chip ice cream cake - VERY YUMMY! Kerriann got a cake with pink baby booties and pink blankets on it, with palm trees and waves - cute :) I'm sure they took pictures of everyone, which I'll share soon!
We got a few gifts at the shower, some cute outfits from Lynnette, Linda Tom and Carol Quast, and a one second thermometer. Erin was really good and sent us our gift ahead of time, so we opened it during the shower - it is an amazing ABC quilt. That's the theme of the baby's room. Erin put a LOT of time and energy into this quilt and it shows - it is amazing! We absolutely love it!
So, I'm not thrilled to do this, but I figured I'd share a picture of me - yay...
Well - that's all for now, love and miss everyone!


No comments:
Post a Comment