Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Pinewood Derby Time

Our ward had a Memorial Day Pinewood Derby that was open to the entire ward. Brian and I both made cars. Mine is the orange sportster (2nd from left in top picture), Brian's is the plain wooden one with green tape holding change onto it (7th from left in top picture)! Aren't they great? You had to use the official Pinewood Derby car kit, so we did, with very little experience on both of our sides...I went all out with the paint, even gave my car whitewalls, but Brian went for a minimalistic approach. You can kind of see in the picture, one of the sisters in the ward is in love with The Wizard of Oz and she made her car look like a ruby slipper, it's the glittery red one with the yellow inside. I couldn't get it alone for a pic (sounds funny) but you can see it a little bit in the picture with all of the cars.
We both won in the first heat - and were very excited about that, we did not expect to win at all - but it didn't last long. We were both out in the second heat. It was a fun couple of hours, and a kid won - which is the way it should have been.
We also went on a hike yesterday, but I didn't take any pictures - instead, I took a picture of the gardenias growing outside our front door. I thought they looked nice in the sunshine. I also wanted to share a picture of Brian and I at the shower, since I had only posted pics of me before. He was there, of course, he went on his own hike after the shower and I made him take the picture when he got back, so he's incredibly sweaty - ewww. But that's Brian. He wore the orange ribbon around his head for the whole shower, I had the pink in mine. they were from Erin's receiving blankets that she made and sent to us.

1 comment:

Em said...

I can't believe you are getting to be sooooo pregnant. You look fabulous darling!! =0)