Everyday Brian and I walk along a recreation path, that runs behind our house, with the dogs. I usually take them by myself in the morning and sometimes in the afternoon, and then we all go at night. It's a nice break from the inside of the house and the boys love showing off to the people we pass - and I mean showing off by ignoring strangers and listening to Brian and I, everyone thinks they are amazingly well-behaved. I had a lady stop her run this morning to ask me what type of dog they were. Mutts. Lab-mix. She said she was looking for a dog that was big enough to be intimidating but good with kids. That's my boys - but she can't have them, they are my monsters - if they go missing, I will know who to look for.
Back to the walk, we pass a marshy area that all of the birds seem to congregate around, especially the ducks, and there is one particular type of bird called a Black-necked Stilt. It is so noisy and funny looking. As soon as you get near it, it starts flying around you and yapping at you. It took me a bit to figure out why it didn't like us, but it turns out that the marsh is where it is nesting and whenever it circles us it is doing two things (from what I've seen): 1) telling us to get lost and 2) telling it's baby to run and hide. The most adorable baby, if you can look fast enough to see it, will run from the puddles edge and go through a chain-link fence and hide in the bushes. It is so cute! Tell me this is not adorable:



2 comments:
Hello Baldwin's it is the Awtrey's we miss having you around, but hey were your at would be nice. You look great. Good luck with the little one. Nichole
How adorable!!! That is how you are going to be in less than a month!!!!! Love ya!!
Post a Comment