Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, July 21, 2008

Home

Granny has been spending her time here by sewing and making tons of things for the baby. She made a crib bumper, a beautiful dress with a pinafore and muffin-top hat, these gorgeous shoes, several blankets - Granny has been busy.
Here we are changing her into her "going-home dress" at the hospital. This is the same dress that Emily, Molly and I wore home from the hospital. Gabby wore it home in November too. The funniest thing happened too, as we were leaving, an Army nurse walked past and stopped when she saw the baby - turns out she and her sister wore a dress identical to this one when they left the hospital too!
This is Galina's first bath - she absolutely flipped out until we put the warm washcloth over her like a blanket. But it didn't last long!

I think I will have ten thousand pictures like this soon - they are so adorable. This is her absolute favorite place to sleep and Brian finds himself out on the couch a lot! Honestly I think he loves it :)
This was our hospital door. When each of my brothers and sisters, and I were born, my Dad bought something to hang on our hospital door. I was born in 1982 and I got a Kermit doll that my Mom still has in our hope chest. So we searched everywhere for a Kermit for Galina and finally found this one at the Aloha Swap Meet. He's wearing a grass skirt and has a flower lei on - how perfect for being born in Hawaii!

3 comments:

Em said...

She looks so calm in the bath. Smart idea with the warm cloth. =0) All of the pictures are so awesome. I can't believe she is already 5 days old. Time is already starting to fly. Hope you are getting some sleep!! Love y'all!

Mitch and Shannon said...

Just wanted to say Happy 1st week Galina!! It's so hard to believe!! Katie and Brian, how's everything going?

The Smiths said...

Congratulations. Hawaii, totally jealous, Utah is no tropical paradise.