Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, December 27, 2008

Galina's First Christmas

Merry Christmas! The mat beneath her was an early present. It's the alphabet with an animal in each square. Since she uses the bouncer thing in the living room, I figured we needed a little bit of shock absorbancy in there. She's so cute.
The Little Golden Book Library of Classics. Thanks Granny and Pop Pop!

Pop Pop picked out a sippee cup for her - she already thinks she knows how to use it too!

A soft book, each page crinkles and she loves it, but I'm afraid the teether handle beats 'em all!

Here we are - I couldn't get her to look at the camera because I was setting the timer and then sprinting back to sit with them - she had no idea what I was doing and was probably wondering where the fire was...

We took a walk to the beach on Christmas morning - the boys had on their jingle-bell collars. I told Brian we should have had the boys run up and down the neighborhood streets wearing them on Christmas eve so that the kids would think they heard reindeer.

She is sitting up! Well, she's attempting it, can't leave her alone yet - unexpected nose dives, especially if she sees something interesting in that direction! So fun!

Bath time. One of these days I'm going to post all of the bath pictures that we've taken like this so we can see how big she's getting. She usually gets her baths in the morning, to wake her up, but we NEEDED a bath on Christmas day night (that's odd to say). So into the bath she went. She has loved baths from day one, as long as she is warm. It's hard to keep her out of the water, she absolutely loves it and will kick and splash. Since we've only ever bathed her in our big bathtub she's not afraid of it, she will jerk her feet up when I unplug the tub to let the water out - that's pretty cute to watch, but once she realizes what's going on, she starts splashing again. I love that she loves bath time.
I would have posted this yesterday BUT there were some random thunderstorms last night and the ENTIRE ISLAND OF OAHU was without power for about 12 hours. Good thing it was at night, we weren't that miserable. We watched Frasier on the laptop for a few hours, thank goodness for that (the 2nd season was my present from Brian) - I love Niles and Daphne...I think I need a team Niles t-shirt.








3 comments:

Mitch and Shannon said...

I'm glad you guys are ok from that power outage, and the storms! I love Galina's face during bath time!! She's so adorable! Your Christmas photo in front of the tree looks great!! I love Bing and George's collars. We got Mocha a green harness and she looks like a reindeer!! She's starting to fatten up,around the neck, so it's been fun watching her grow! I'm glad you guys had a good Christmas!! Can't wait for the new year!!

Robyn said...

glad she likes baths. soph hated them until about 10 months. now she asks for them when she wakes up.

Jennifer said...

The collars make us want a dog(as soon as we have a yard). I love the Santa's helper pic-she is so cute!! Olivia barely started liking the tub about two weeks ago. But loves to eat her cereal.