
We got out of the house before 9 a.m. (that's miraculous, you know...) and were in Seattle by 10:30 a.m. It was an easy drive. We had contemplated taking the ferry from Bremerton, but it was just as easy to drive. We visited the Pike Place Market - fun. Of course, I was a bit uncomfortable. Two women, two strollers, camera around the neck, camera in hand - we were a bit vulnerable. So I was wary. We both got really cute t-shirts and we got smashed pennys (yay!) and we actually bought a pound of smoked salmon. We tasted it first - super good. I think it was garlic and pepper. After the market, we drove to the Space Needle. It was fun. We paid the ridiculous $15 (and that was with a military discount!) to ride the elevator up to the observation deck. It wasn't too cold, and it was clear enough that we got a good look around. Galina enjoyed the ride up and down - she's a trooper. Molly carried just Julius and he did awesome as well. He loves being held by his mommy! Once we were done with the Space Needle, we were pretty much done - but Heather Smith mentioned the Fremont Troll and I had to see it. It only took us another 20 minutes and it was fun. It worked out that there were three women there when we got there - so we swapped camera services :) Of course our one picture all together and we're in front of a troll! It was neat but if you look really hard, sadly you can see one of SEVERAL people sleeping beneath this overpass. We enjoyed the ride home. Both babies slept peacefully and even Galina ate a hearty dinner when we got home (yes, that's a feat in and of itself). After unpacking the truck, we realized that the smoked salmon was nowhere to be seen. Molly then realized (actually she had had suspicions earlier in the day) that the man ran her card through, gave her a receipt but never gave her the salmon. I called the market and before I could finish my, "I was there earlier..." he piped in with, "Smoked salmon." He was kind enough to credit it back to Molly's card and offer her a good deal the next time she was there. Oh well, at least we got to taste it at the market. We capped off the evening with visiting teachers, then an episode of 'Chopped' and 'America Idol' - I could really get used to a DVR. Uh-oh. It was a fun day with excellent weather, and since I may catch a flight home on Thursday, a good way to end the trip. I made Molly get out of the house a lot, and while I know she won't be glad to see us go, I think even she would admit to a small sigh of relief.


1 comment:
Oh my gosh, that looks like sooo much fun....I just watched Love Happens, and I saw all the places you guys went....it was so cool....glad you got to visit!!!
Post a Comment