Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, March 12, 2010

Hercules - CTO

It was '80s night at the HERCULES rehearsal last night.
The entire cast (at least that I got in the shot) doing the final dance "You're Our Hero!"
What post would be complete without a few pictures of Galina?
She's been such a trooper at these rehearsals.
Eating snacks, playing games on a silent phone, giving people grumpy stares, not letting anyone touch her. I love this little girl so much!

Also, we've been working on letters. Well, a letter. Taking it slow... BUT she can now identify the letter 'A' and tell me it's name and sound. She's so much fun! Brian and I hate to be away from her and he has been a lot lately. She is so wonderful, though. As soon as she sees him she says, "Dah-deeeeee!" She loves to sit with him and read or listen to music. She just loves Brian. I'm grateful for that. She's less and less fond of Bing and George as her vocabulary expands. They get a lot of, "NO!" and "GO!" and "BACK!" and "DO-DO!" Which, by the way, she will also tell to anyone doing something she doesn't like, Brian and I especially.

She loves to say 'Helicopter' and 'Airplane' - she listens to and picks up everything these days! She's started paying attention to T.V. so I'm even more diligent about it being off (unless Brian has her for an evening - then I know she'll get a healthy dose of Spongebob) and she can also put together puzzles on her own! She loves to sing and dance - if she hears the word spider, or rain, or star - she wants to hear the song they are in! The words Granny and Pop Pop are synonymous and one cannot be said without the other. She loves to look at all of the family pictures on the wall and have me say everyone's name -especially Sophie and Gabby's pictures.

Galina loves to help around the house, or hinder, however you want to look at it. She rides her bike like a mad-woman! Very fast, and sometimes she thinks she's a stunt woman. She'll put both feet up on the seat and hold the handlebars. She's starting to actually play with things. Everyday I have to open my Christmas closet to get out her Nativity Sets from Gaga. She loves to make the sheep eat hay, the dog gets to sit on top (where the angel should go). The wisemen ride camels and horses into the village. She plays. It's beautiful. And she knows exactly who baby Jesus is and which little doll is his Mommy and Daddy. The little drummer boy always loses his bed to a goat though. That's life.

If I walk through the house humming a song that one of her toys plays, she instantly has to find that toy and play the song - her fridge toys sing lot's of songs and I can't help but hum "Dinah won't you blow, Dinah won't you blow..." the same toy plays "Row Your Boat." She calls it "Row Row" and loves to hear it play or hear us sing it.

Galina has also discovered my chapstick. I keep some in my nightstand. Whenever I have to change a diaper and I need her to be still I can hand it to her and she'll uncap it, smear it on, gouge out a bit with her teeth and then pretend to put the cap in her mouth while she says, "Do-Do!" She loves this routine. Me, not so much.

At least once a day, Galina likes to sit in the front of the car and push all of the buttons and pull all of the levers. I let her play, the keys aren't in it and the E-brake is on. Not to mention I never walk away from the car. She loves it. If we come home from somewhere, before I can get her unbuckled, she's in the back saying, "Car. Car. Car." and reaching towards the front. Sometimes she gets to, sometimes she doesn't.

She will also randomly say "Thanks" which sounds more like "Hinks" - she said it this morning when I handed her some spam. I hadn't even realized she had said it until she was walking away and I said, "Say Thank-you!" She turned around and said it again, emphatically, "Hinks."
At any rate, I just needed to make sure I was writing this stuff down somewhere. Galina is a great little girl. She's sweet and loving and cuddly. She love LOVES her Mommy and Daddy, and we are beyond grateful for her. She's napping right now, so I'm going to take advantage of some quiet time...

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Bella was just telling me today that I need to start teaching Olivia things like her alphabet and numbers. I guess she feels that she is not where she should be in some areas;) I remember when Czarina started doing all those little things and now 9 years later she is still doing new things that make me just sit and stare in wonder, although some of the things she does I could really do without most times!

Me and Nick said...

I loved reading about Galina! She is really growing up so fast! It feels like just yesterday that we were in Hawaii and you were pregnant...crazy how time flies when you have kids :) I really have to get going with Julius's baby book and start writing things down! Love y'all!