Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Good Times

Found a recliner on the curb. Brought it home. I have the bruises to prove it.

Jumping in a bouncy-house.

Wanting out of the bouncy-house.

Galina took up boogie-boarding...

...kind of.

Out of order - I'm lazy. This is the top of the hike - Koko Head Crater. B & G are on the left in the shade. On the right is what is left of one of the carts that used the railroad we just climbed.
I did some research and it turns out that it's leftover from the military. Figures. Used to be an "advance tram" that carried supplies and personnel to the top, where there was once a post.

Another cart left to ruin, with the steel cable still holding it up.

The beginning of a seemingly harmless hike.

Once at the actual "trail head" we saw a different story. It's a long way up.

George went half-way up the bridge, Bing made it across two steps. Both turned around. We finally found a different route on solid ground.

Almost there, but not quite so close that we could smile yet.

Finally at the top, but not the tip-top with the awesome 360 view. Never got there. Too tired. Too cranky.

And, it's a long way down.

Traded taking pictures with another couple.
Note - please take a good look at Galina's face. This is how we all felt, Brian and I were just able to contain ourselves.



Stopped at the Halana Blowhole on the way home. This is the beach from the 1950's movie "From Here to Eternity" where Debra Kerr kisses Burt Lancaster. Can you tell? I think I see where they filmed it, but the image is flipped. I'd type more but Brian is standing over my shoulder waiting to go to the mall.

Back on Daddy's back. Leisurely resting on his head.

That's the blowhole. The puff of salt water. Supposedly a dragon's nostrils.

That's it. We haven't been up to much. Just hanging out around the house. Maybe things will pick-up when Aunt Mimi and Julius come to visit!!

2 comments:

Me and Nick said...

Well you can say I won't make you do that trail again :) It's a great view but I don't think its worth having two fussy babies when we get to the top :) The blow hole would be cool though :)

Mitch and Shannon said...

Katie your hikes always look like so much fun!!! I can't wait to hike out here, on our farm roads...I love the zoo pics also!! We went to one here in Germany and it was so cool.