Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Pumpkin Carving

We weren't in NC this year to carve pumpkins...that'll be two years I've missed it, assuming they get together and carve them this year...hint, hint...
Moving on - we made this one a FHE.
Galina enjoyed seeing the "guts" of the pumpkin.

Her scoop was empty everytime...

"This thing keeps filling back up!"

Brian actually ended up carving Galina's pumpkin (she chose the cat/jack-o-lantern/spider picture) and then he carved his own TRUE jack-o-lantern. Way to make one that Galina won't be scared of Daddy.

I chose the 'Happy Halloween' tree for some unknown reason.
This morning I went out to turn our little battery-powered lights off and the pumpkins were covered with ants. We'll see how long they last.

On a brighter note, since maintenance can't seem to get my porch light fixed, we've lit our porch better this Halloween than it has been the entire 2 years and 8 months that we've lived here.

3 comments:

Jennifer said...

We only did the one, but once we finished the girls wanted more so I told them we might. Now we have to:) Yay! I might get to carve one myself without Aaron taking over.

kokanuts said...

Glad you are carrying on the tradition :) Erin wanted to have the party before Wendy arrived, but that just didn't happen. So much is happening that it might not happen this year :( Your pumpkins are beautiful!!! Good job everyone. Plus the tea party is gorgeous! Brian...who knew? Great job, Katie!

Me and Nick said...

Love the pumpkins! I don't know if Julius will be quite so involved but we might do one anyways! I haven't decided when...probably FHE this week! Love all the pumpkins!