Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Because I Have Time and Brian's on Duty Tonight

Yep, that's my husband...and that's my daughter. People think we're insane.
And everyone knows us too. I was purchasing tube tops (odd, I know, but they're for a project I'll post about soon - making my own maternity pants...maybe) and was almost embarrassed because the cashier said, "How are your dogs?" I looked at her and kind of said, "Fine." Maybe I said, "Good." I don't know. I had no clue who she was. Then she looked at the cashier next to her and said, "She's the one with the yellow labs." The other girl said, "Really? I love them!" They both echoed this sentiment several times. It was strange.

My monkey. We stop at the playground most evenings, on our way home from walking the boys (which by the way Galina insisted the other day, as I was explaining that people don't have tails, only animals and she said, "Boys have tails." Honestly I was thinking, Heaven help me if she says this in nursery or something...until I realized she was talking about the dogs. We call them "the boys" "boys" "boysies" "blasted dogs" - anyhow...I was glad when I figured it out, makes me feel better - even if it will sound strange to strangers :) and I snapped this picture of her at the top of the slide. The flash on those curls - I'm crossing my fingers that her hair will do this on the mainland too - she'll love it one day!

Yeah, he'll never live it down. But we both do it. He's riding the dolphin (?) that Galina has named "Sea Squirt" - she named the sea horse "Blue Streak" or at least applied those names to them - they're from yet another Backyardigans episode...

"Here we go round..." Galina can spin around the swing set, as long as Brian's going too, for at least 10 minutes. Hey, we'll take it over her wanting us to chase her all over the playground. We're getting old...

Dairy Queen vanilla cone + holding it herself = one happy camper

So, the big blob on the beach, dead center, is a seal. We spent about 30 minutes this morning, in the car, trying to find a beach. One was closed, one was too rough, one had just been...taken (literally, we saw it swim out of the water and start sunning itself), so we finally settled on the beach that is basically right out our back door. Thank goodness she was just excited to go to the beach, and I had fruit snacks!

In the picture: cute new 3T bathing suit from Target that Galina calls her "Dancer Swimming Suit" with the "pretty pink flower."
Out of the picture: A bag of doritos, one in one hand and a shovel full of sand in the other. She was "digging for buried treasure" because "...those other scurvy pirates are looking for treasure too!" She really really likes that episode of The Backyardigans.

I just love her. She sees me pull out my phone and hold it away from my face and she knows I'm taking her picture, but she doesn't mind as long as "let me see it" comes next. In fact, one of her favorite ways to play with my phone is to go through the pictures on it. She'll point out everything to me - everyone, yes, she knows everyone in both families - mind like a steel trap.

Anyhow, just wanted to share before I forgot about these pics, I know in a few months I'll have twice as many to post :)

3 comments:

Mitch and Shannon said...

Great photos Katie, I love her curls too, Autumn is complete opposite with her long straight hair that I just wish I had. Instead I have this mop I don't know what to do with....it's longer, but it's just in the way, so I pull it back in a clip or pony tail when i work out. When the girls were "lighter" Mitch used to throw them in the air also...now we bounce them really high on the trampoline....they love it! And tell Brian not to worry about the dolphin ride, we don't judge...and it's part of daddy territory!

Me and Nick said...

Fun times!! Did you have to lick the ice cream cone or Brian, when it started to drip :) Don't know what Galina is going to do when you don't live in paradise...you are going to have to have some place to walk, swim, and wear summer clothes all the time :)

Em said...

No venturing out to check out the seal up close?? Ha ha!! Love these pictures, so cool Galina eating and playing, way to multi-task, a very important trait!! =0)