Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

My tube-top project :)

I think this was last week - so 21 weeks.

I wish Brian had zoomed out a bit on this. I'm in the kitchen, eating dinner, but my table is roughly 3 ft. x 3 ft. and maybe 3 ft. tall. We've eaten dinner there several times since I've moved it out of the spare bedroom. Galina loves eating, "at my little table."

So, this is a book called '20 Hungry Piggies' - Galina loves it. Me and Brian, not so much. At least not now, after 1200 readings of it. But the big bad wolf gets what he deserves (which is apparently being trampled by 20 piggies and then turning vegetarian). It's hard to leave the library without this book - I'm always hoping that someone else has it at home, enjoying it...

My tube-top project. This is a pregnancy sized version of my favorite black pencil skirt. I was lucky enough to find it at the Goodwill back in Jacksonville before I was even thinking of being pregnant. I just love the skirt so much that I figured it would be nice to have a back up for when my first is too shabby and faded to wear. I decided to turn this one into a real maternity skirt - just because I love wearing pencil skirts...
First, I copied the "dip" of a maternity skirt I already have - then I sewed a seam along that line, so as to hold this skirts lining in place.

Then I cut off the top waistband and took out the zipper.

Here's the tube-top. Black spandex/nylon material. $7.99 at the store on base. Ever seen the secret-fit belly pants at Motherhood?
That's what I'm aiming for...

So here's the skirt. Can you tell? My black shirt is pulled up, all on my belly is the black tube top. I also took a pair of capris and a pair of shorts that were already maternity, but were super uncomfortable with elastic bands or a drawstring, and made them secret-fit too. Hopefully they'll hold me through a few more pregnancies. We'll see - having the serger made it possible, Thearsa!!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

so i hope you are moving to NC close to me so i can learn things from you like this...not that i need pregnancy pants anytime soon but Kensi might need some cute dresses

Jennifer said...

Lookin' good girl!

Me and Nick said...

Awesome job!!

kokanuts said...

Good job, Katie...you look radiant...new clothes or hairdo...can't decide :) Galina is perfect, as always. Love you all!

Em said...

You are so stinkin' talented Kate!! Love the skirt! It's amazing what you can do. I'd probably have cut too much fabric or not enough...you know what I mean!! =0) By the way, you are one hot lookin' preggo Mamma!! =0)