Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, January 7, 2011

Someone is SUPER Excited...

Who am I kidding? We're ALL super excited!
At my ultrasound appointment, I had to go back first and let baby get measured and have the heart rate taken, and then Brian and Galina got to come back to see whether we were having a boy or girl. When Galina walked in, the tech asked if she wanted a brother or sister. Galina, who has been saying "sister" for the past month, said quite simply, "Brother." A few seconds later the tech said, "Well, you're in luck because you're Mommy is having a boy!"
Brian said, "No way!"
I said, "Blasted, I don't have any boy names picked out!"
Galina said, "I want to go to McDonald's."

But we are all pretty excited - baby #2, a VERY VERY ACTIVE boy is on his way! He kicked, punched and flipped during the entire appointment - but it was so much fun to finally see the little munchkin!

You're looking up his nose - a button nose, just like Galina's!

Big feet and boy you should see his long, skinny legs!
Long, skinny fingers!

See that little button of a nose? So cute!

About to yawn...

There it is...all of that activity makes him a bit tired. Just a bit.

He kept that right hand up by his head most of the time too - Brian said he was keeping his guard up.

And there we have it! Definitely not what we saw with Galina! His umbilical cord is just beneath, a little in the way, but you can see "the turtle" - crazy!
Can't believe I still have 20 weeks left, but I know it will fly and soon we'll have another little one running around. Galina is so excited! She says, "I'm going to be a GREAT big sister!" And she'll say, "Mommy, you have a baby in your belly. I'm going to have a brother or sister to play with!" She can't wait, and neither can we! Now...to pick out a boy name...

6 comments:

Robyn said...

Congrats guys! Can't wait to see him.

Jennifer said...

I thought it was called a "dinosaur":) We are so excited for you guys and can't wait to meet him.

Em said...

I remember you throwing around Emmerick at one time...or what was the other one? It was very sophisticated sounding...=0)!!

Nichole said...

girl i am so happy for you guys! i can hook you up with boy cloths!! i think its funny Jennifer said Dinosaur...thats what Jed calls baby Nathan..lol..
good luck.boys are so much fun

Shauna said...

Yay! 1 of each will be fun.

kokanuts said...

Technology is so great! He's a cutie already...Love you all