Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Gum and Bowling

Her first successful attempt at chewing gum! She kept this baby until it was rock hard!

Galina's very first turn bowling!

It took that ball every bit...

...of 3 minutes to reach the pins.

I think Galina's favorite part about the bowling alley was the fan at the end of the ball return. She just stood there with her hands over it - until Brian showed her that she could put her shirt over it and it would puff it up a little. Then every spare second was spent doing that.


For some reason, probably due to the sugary gum, she thought every turn she took was hilarious - she would turn around laughing each time she pushed the ball down.

Apparently she was anxious, nervous, something...whatever it was required her pulling her pants like that a lot...

Proof that I was there, but no belly shot - sorry, I'll have to be more direct when I ask Brian to take a picture of me while pregnant.

Her last turn of the night and she opted to let Brian do it...

...while she relaxed a bit.

She didn't do too bad on her first bowling trip! We thoroughly enjoyed the hour and half it took us to play through two games. We even had time afterwards to go get Brian's hair cut and to get Galina a new pair of crocs. I need to post a picture of her last pair, but I'm ashamed of having let her wear them for so long. There is absolutely no tread left on the bottom and I can't imagine it felt good wearing them all day, everyday. She won't wear sneakers, unless we're hiking, and flip-flops just don't stay on yet, so, crocs it is...

3 comments:

kokanuts said...

Too funny! What a great memory! Love you all. Thanks for leaving Lady Fingers on the blog music...:)

Em said...

That is awesome!!!!! Go Galina and bowling! Way to go on chewing gum. Gabby had her first go at chewing when we were down at Pop Pop and Granny's the last time. I hadn't even thought of attempting it. =0)

Me and Nick said...

Looks like so much fun! We love bowling, another sport J could go for :) Don't forget she has the gum...no telling what she would do with it when she found out how well it sticks to things :)