Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Friday, December 14, 2012

Christmas Lights Show in Boston

Today we had several Christmas activities. Brian's work Christmas party. It was fun. I'm starting to get to know people, but don't really remember names and certainly don't have anything to do with anybody of my own free will, not because I don't want to, just don't. Anyhow, the party was fun. I forgot my red tupperware bowl. Santa Claus came and the kids got presents. Galina got a Winnie-the-Pooh puzzle and Johnny got two little matchbox cars. I think Galina was excited that Santa called her name and gave her a gift. 

After the party, at about 5:30 p.m. (it's completely dark by 5) we drove into Boston to take the kids to the Quincy Marketplace so they could watch a gigantic Christmas tree light up in time to Christmas carols. However...I put in Quincy Market on the GPS, and apparently there are two because we got all the way into Boston, THEN I put it into the GPS because Brian wasn't exactly sure of how to get there,  and the GPS took us to Quincy, MA. Yeah, an hour later we finally made it there. We parked in the first parking garage we saw ($29 for an hour! Ouch!) and got two screaming kids out of the car. We went and got some dinner (pizza for Brian and the kids; clam chowda (yep that's how it's spelled) for me) and then we went to watch the show. This is a real tree - it's gigantic and the music was loud and awesome. The kids had a blast and I took a few pictures. Didn't have a tripod so I had my ISO cranked up, pictures are kind of grainy. Sorry!










Happy with his pizza :) It was chilly outside!



Galina was happy, but didn't want to walk up to the tree, she was snuggly in the stroller and very focused on getting a strawberry ice cream cone! We left Boston at 8:03 p.m. and made it home at 8:32 p.m. Much better drive home! Kids got baths and were put to bed. Also, in other news, we're trying to let Galina sleep with her bedroom door open now. I've always closed her door because Bing and George will walk in and out, whine, scratch, etc. Noises that I am used to or can ignore, but they wake her up and she, in turn, wakes me up. We'll see if it works. I'd like her to sleep with her door open because it just seems safer to me, so I'm crossing my fingers that she's able to do it! Any advice?

1 comment:

Em said...

That looks so fun!!!!!!!!!!!! Love the pictures!!!!!!!!