Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Anyone else sick of snow?

I honestly don't mind fresh snow. It's fun, as long as it's sunny and not windy outside, and I like sledding and throwing snow balls. But - I'm a 2 weeks worth of snow kind of person. Beyond that, I'm ready for summer again. Yes, summer, not even spring. I am a southerner. Thirty degrees is COLD. Thirty degrees in the middle of the afternoon, for a week straight, is COLD. Anyhow, we do get out and try to enjoy it. Then I drag the camera out and ruin it for the kids because I can't run around and play as much with a gigantic camera around my neck.

Johnny is a handsome boy, and a lot of trouble. He's not trouble. He's just curious and busy. And he keeps me on my toes. I guess I'm glad for that.

 Eating snow. He's also discovered throwing snowballs and will get a glob and walk right up to me and throw it at my legs - which, at his height, drops it right down into my galoshes!

We played with bubbles the other day. Johnny wasn't amused because he couldn't really run around to get them in the snow. But we did get him real snow boot, and he seemed a bit more confident walking through the snow. His galoshes would come off and were loose, these gave him a little pep in his step!

 Galina thought it was funny to pick up a big chunk of snow and throw it up into the air. I think she imagined it would break apart in mid-air and turn into snow. Really it just stayed a big chunk and luckily it didn't land on anyone's head. Johnny wasn't thrilled with her antics.

 Sitting out on Galina's "mountain" and looking down at the road. She was actually trying to help Johnny stand up, but he would having none of it. So she sat down to relax with him.

I'm not sure what Bing and George were after, but George was in his hunting pose. They may look like labs, but they've got some serious hound dog in them. 

Life is moving along. We're all doing well. Brian's trip to the Black Belt course got cut, well they say he can go in October, but you can't really "trust" the military with their promises. 

Today is Sunday, and of course it was Daylight Savings. I made it to Church, thinking I was just five minutes late to Sacrament, only to realize I was right on time for Primary. It probably worked out for the best since Johnny couldn't go to nursery (runny nose) and Brian wasn't here to watch him. So he was stuck with my while I did Singing Time. He was ready to sit still for a little bit when Primary started, instead of being ready to run after Sacrament. 

Brian had a swim qual yesterday evening and he did great. He showed off a bit for some gunny that was there, just in case a MQWIS (I think that's the acronym) class comes around again. He'd love to do it. He's such a great swimmer - I hope both of my children are able to do it too. Galina's in swimming lessons, and she loves them - but this is her 4th session and I'm pretty sure she's getting better, but no matter how hard she kicks her little legs, she does NOT move across the pool. I love watching her swim! I think I may look into swimming lessons for myself. I've never formally learned, just copied what I've seen and I think I'd like to learn. I'd like to play piano as well, and, and, and...

Oh well, I'm off. Can't wait for Spring! 

No comments: