Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 2, 2013

Pat Green at Boston House of Blues

We found out from Emily's sister-in-law, Sonja Fox, that Pat Green would be playing at The House of Blues in Boston. Tickets weren't outrageous and Brian's birthday is coming up, so we made a date of it.  We also found out, from Sonja, that we could enter to win a meet and greet with Pat Green before the show. I signed up with two of my e-mail accounts and luckily they both got chosen. Although, I kind of wish only one had...but I'll explain that later.
First up - we arrived at 6:15 p.m. for what we thought was a 7:30 show. We hadn't received any info. as to what time the meet and greet was at, but thanks to Sonja, we knew it would be before the show. So we got there early.

 We got to stand on Lansdowne St. right across from Fenway Park for an hour - hungry and freezing! 

When we got inside we we're the 4th people in and got spots right in front of the stage! Then we realized that we'd both be leaving those spots at 8:15 p.m. for the meet and greet. Fail. In hindsight, I wouldn't stayed in the FANTASTIC spots while Brian went and met Pat Green (I could care less about meeting, guess I was star struck...)

 Waiting backstage to meet him.


 So, we walked in and Brian said, "How ya doin?" in his best Rocky voice. Brian was absolutely giddy! Neither of us expected Pat Green to be so tall. And, after a little interchange about Brian's voice, he said, randomly I might add, "Most people don't believe I'm 51." I had no clue what to say, I mean, to be honest, he does look 51. But, Brian was quicker and said he didn't believe it...good save.

 When he first came out to the stage he came up and stood with his hands on his hips smiling - he did this several times through out...I don't know? Texas thing? 

Okay - enjoy some videos :) Brian prefers his video recorder to his camera! So funny!







So that was the concert for us. The show didn't actually start until 9:30 p.m. and unfortunately we (thinking it started at 7!!!) told our babysitter, and her family, that we'd be home by 10:30 p.m. We got home at 11 and I felt so bad that Brian didn't get to enjoy the entire show. But he did get Pat Green to autograph a hat for him, and he got to meet the man. And we got pushed around by drunks for an entire hour, while the man sang songs. I think Brian had a good time - I hope. Happy Birthday to Brian!

3 comments:

Em said...

Ya know, Pat is pretty cute, eh, for 51 I mean! Ha ha!!! So glad you guys got to go and enjoy the show and to meet the man. I know Sonja said she really enjoyed it as well!!! =0) So did you feel like a teenager again?

Me and Nick said...

Hmm, didn't recognize an of those songs...I must not be a Pat Green fan. :) I did recognize his name though, lol! Glad he got to meet him! What was the deal with the two email addresses? You never explained that! I'm sure Brian had a great time! Did you guys dance?

kokanuts said...

Cool...don't know why we all become giddy around celebrities, but we do! Glad you got to go!