Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Monday, September 2, 2013

Our First Day of School

Welcome to our Kindergarten!!
 First Day of School pictures - yes, Johnny has marshmallows at 8 a.m.

Daddy helped Galina get dressed early this morning.

Photo-bomb!



  Goofballs...










And that's a wrap! Our morning consisted of:
Morning Meeting - Calendar, Weather, Song, Prayer, Scripture Story
Click'n'kids - for a little phonics/spelling
Horizons Math - which I'm going to have to speed that up because she got really bored.
Handwriting Without Tears - pencil pick-up (unnecessary), capital F, #1
Read-Aloud - 'The Boxcar Children' and discuss
Little Pim - French (just two of the 5 minute episodes, but she enjoyed saying Il mange and Elle mange at lunch :)
I went on a jog and they got to see the scenery, look for Canadian Geese and then play at the playground for a bit.
We also discussed brushing teeth a little bit and will probably play some games after lunch (which she had packed in her lunch box: pb&honey sandwich, drink, apple, chocolate pudding cup and a fruit roll-up). Johnny had a lunch box too and I think both enjoyed it!

Not sure if that's how a Kindergarten day should go, but that was ours today. Right now she's looking through The Friend at the kitchen table and Johnny is tearing something up. I'm grateful today that we've decided to homeschool. It's a lot of work, but I think that it's the best work I could be doing right now. Like I said though, that's today :) We'll see what tomorrow brings!

1 comment:

Em said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE the school pictures!! There is nothing wrong with Marshmallows in the am, Cavan and Gabby had no-bake cookies for their breakfast! Ha ha!! Reading your school day, inspires me to try and do more for Cavan to help learn! =0) Can't wait to hear more of the success you guys have in the lovely life of homeschooling!! =0) Love y'all!