It has been anything but quiet living here in North Carolina and surrounded by family again. We've done a lot of work here at the house, but there is still more to do. I'm hoping to do a post on it come the summer when we're a little bit further along.
So, for now, I'll share some fun stuff.
Galina's first foray into Still-Life Sketching:
It was her own idea to stack all of this stuff and then to draw it. I love it.
Johnny discovered a pair of binoculars and claimed them for his own. He tools around the house in his Tonka truck, which occasionally dumps him onto the floor :)
We put up a white board where the kids can reach it and Galina loves to draw random pictures on it, for instance, she and Johnny as Hula Dancers...
Johnny is such a whirlwind of activity - lately he's been described as Max from Max and Ruby and he's always been a lot like Wreck-It Ralph...but everyday he's willing to take a nap and I'm so grateful for it. I'm sure it'll come to an end soon, and probably rather abruptly if I know my kiddos, but for now I appreciate his naptimes. If you wake him up early he'll sleepily rub his eyes, or cover them altogether and say, "Hey! Me seeping!"
One of his favorite things to do is to walk around with my phone and take a bajillion pictures of random things so that when I get my phone and want to take a picture I get a message saying that my storage is full so I have to go in and delete five hundred pictures that look something like these:
We spent two weeks working on my Aunt Karen's rental house and the kids came with us every time. It was fun and not. Dirty. I'm not a fan of cleaning up after other people - especially people that have horrible cleaning habits...which seems to be the majority of renters!
At any rate, one day Emma and Jason came with us and I found this picture on my phone when I went home :) Everytime Johnny sees it he says, "Pwetty Emma!"
Well, that's all for today. A whole lot of nothing, which means a lot of something to me :)















1 comment:
I am so glad you are close to everyone now!!! Life will be complete when Molly is within a hour drive!!! These pics are awesome! I Johnny's random pictures are pretty artistic! Your kids are just awesome! Galina is quite the little artist as well!!! You guys Rock!!!!
Post a Comment