We did the Color Me Rad run awhile ago. It was fun. John got pinked.
Galina was d-o-n-e, DONE, by the end. And she went the whole way in the stroller...
Goof-balls.
Brian got a pellet gun and the kids wanted to watch him practice, which lead to wanting to take a shot.
We've made it to one Family Rock Climbing Night at the gym on base. It was fun!
Took the kids to a 'Build and Grow' event at Lowe's and they made fire trucks.
Had cousins visit for a few days - love it!
Johnny jumped off of Granny and Pop's couch, didn't land right and plunged head first into the kitchen table bench...
Big Black Eye. The goose egg was gone fairly quickly. Sometimes the long hair is worth it because nobody noticed :)
Then, just before all of the cousins left, Galina got sick - and then Johnny, then Lydia, then Uncle Nick (who wasn't even here!), then Julius. Molly and I had a different version that didn't involve vomit, thank goodness...
A week later, when John and Kerri's house closing got delayed, we went to the State Fair. It was fun because the kids had cousins. Brian and I are the worst on trips like this. We get aggravated with each other and end up not doing anything fun. So, this was fun for everyone because Brian and I didn't even have to talk :) Doesn't that sound nice?
Johnny after his first ride. He was hooked.
All of the kids rode a roller-coaster. And Brian got the privilege as well!
My only two requirements were a smoked turkey leg, and a candy apple. The turkey leg was $10. The candy apple was $1.50 - so next year, I will only require a candy apple :)
Galina and Anna rode a spinning hot-air balloon ride. They had fun!
Granny took Cavan on a train ride. Johnny and I were too late to get in that line, maybe next year.
We all rode the ferris wheel - which was, surprisingly, not my favorite. Apparently, I really don't like heights. I've had tiny glimpses of this, small panic attack when going over bridges, but the ferris wheel was quite the test. Kept myself busy by taking pictures the entire time and not thinking about the gentle rocking...or the possibility that we could all plummet to our very gruesome deaths in an instant...
The kids chose to get a caramel apple as we were leaving the park. I think they both ate about 1/4 of them, but it's all about the experience, right?
Turns out Uncle John and Aunt Kerriann are super fun to go to stuff like that with, except they will stay all night. We all chose to leave at 6 p.m. :) The kids would've been happy either way. It was a fun State Fair!























1 comment:
Galina's face after your color run was priceless!!!!! Love all of the pics!
Post a Comment