Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers
Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

Saturday, May 22, 2010

"We know it's a zoo...

but don't behave beastly."
That's my favorite sign at the Asheville Zoo in NC. We, however, went to the Honolulu Zoo today. Galina hasn't been in awhile. It was military appreciation day. So we went. And enjoyed. Kind of.





That's a yawn.



That's the hippo's nose. Huge.

Love this aardvark.

"Hi."


Loved that he was holding his feet. Side note: One of the other baboons in this exhibit was playing with a ball, happily, when he stopped to vomit. And then eat it. We left.






This goat followed us when it realized I would scratch it. It was cute. I like goats.





We had a lot of fun - we were only there from 10 a.m. - 11:30 a.m. and we ate our picnic lunch in the park. PB&J. Pretzels. Oranges. Water. Boring. Cheap. Semi-healthy.

We spent $5.00 on a picture of the three of us, from one of those little photo booth/kiosk things. Yeah, Galina carried it out of the park. Brian saw "something" fly out of the stroller. I didn't ask about it until we were too far to go back. I was hot. But only because Galina had flipped out when all 3 of us crammed into the sweat-inducing little booth. The picture was of Brian's chin, my right eye, and Galina's big old FROWN. It was funny. It was not cheap. I wasn't laughing when we realized it was gone. Ho hum...

2 comments:

Em said...

I absolutely love how she keeps her sun glasses on. What a cool zoo! Is it really small? Love all of the pictures! =0)

Jennifer said...

Our zoo is so not as cool as yours :( and Olivia still won't eat anything that is good for her, I don't worry because Czarina didn't eat for 2 years, I just hope Livy's aversion doesn't last as long!